Navy Bean Soup
- 1 lb. of navy beans, rinsed and soaked over night
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery, I only use organic celery...only because I can taste the chemicals in conventionally grown celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 cups broth, I used No-Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1 package Yves Meatless Canadian Bacon, chopped
Place all ingredients in crock pot, still well to mix and cover. Cook on high 4 hours, and then reduce to low heat and cook an additional 4 hours.
Dairy-Free Corn Bread
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain soy milk or rice milk
- 1/2 cup Plain soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup corn oil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Oil a (9-inch) square baking pan or muffin pan and set it aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a second large bowl, whisk together soy milk, yogurt and oil. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes (15 minutes for muffins).